How We Collect Your Personal Information
Blench Property Group collects your personal information for the following main purposes:
- to keep clients and contacts informed of current developments and the products and services we offer;
- to maintain contact with clients;
- to notify contacts and clients of events, products and services;
- to manage and administer the products and services we offer;
- to improve our websites to provide you with a personalised experience; and
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that may be relevant to you.
We may collect your personal information via a number of methods.
- We aim to collect personal information directly from you.
- We also collect personal information:
from your representatives (e.g. solicitor, accountant or financial adviser);
ii. through our Website and by other electronic communication channels;
iii. when sent to us by email or other communication from third parties;
iv. from publicly available sources of information including social media;
v. when we are required to do so by law;
vi. from Strata or Bodies Corporate, Strata or Body Corporate Managers and On-Site Managers;
vii. when you enter into a competition or promotion with us or participate in a survey including an ‘after sales service’ follow-up; and
vii. from our own records;
ix. from our employees;
xi. from our suppliers or partners; and
xii. from private vendors.
We never sell, rent or trade your personal information. We may share your personal information with our related companies and other third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf.
On occasion, it may be necessary for us to collect your personal information from a publicly available source. We will only do so where you have consented, you would reasonably expect us to do so, or if it is necessary for us to perform a specific service.
Personal Information Collected
The personal information we collect will depend on the Service or Services we provide to you. It may include:
- your name, residential or business address, contact phone numbers, email address;
- family details;
- employment details;
- financial information, including assets, liabilities, income, outgoings, spending patterns and credit reference reports;
- the value of your property;
- insurance details;
- credit card and banking details;
- Sensitive Information;
- Credit Related Information;
- information in respect to a will or estate;
- references (e.g. to support rental arrangements);
- copies of photo identification (e.g. driver’s licence, passport, student ID); or
m) any other personal information relevant to the Service we are providing to you.
We may collect personal information such as your IP address and web activity through third party companies such as Google Analytics if you interact with us over the internet.
Usually we will not collect sensitive information (e.g. data relating to professional memberships, race or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, political opinions, criminal record, physical or mental health, or sexual orientation) from you. We may do so only if it is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions and you explicitly consent beforehand.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to perform our services, respond to your requests and provide you with information about the Company.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties who assist us to provide the products and services you request (e.g. a specified broker, accountant, solicitor or conveyancer). With your verbal or written consent, we may use or disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
- those that provide, manage or administer our product or service to you;
- those involved in product planning and development;
- your representatives, including your broker, accountant and legal advisers; and/or
- those required or authorised by law, for example, government or regulatory bodies for purposes
- related to public health or safety, the prevention or detection of unlawful activities or to protect public revenue.
We require third parties to protect your information in a manner consistent with this policy and the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). We will never sell your personal information.
If personal information is not able to be collected, this may impact the level of service The Company is able to provide.
We may use your personal information to market our services, including by phone, email or SMS. If at any stage you no longer wish to receive this marketing, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, postcode, mobile number and the communication mediums you wish to unsubscribe from. We will endeavour to process your request within 30 days.
We will hold your personal information for such time as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law.
Security Of Your Personal Information
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We will take reasonable commercial measures to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Your information may be kept in electronic form or hard copy.
We implement a number of processes to ensure your personal information is safeguarded. Our processes include the following:
- information storage security policies;
- security measures for systems access;
- providing discreet meeting areas for confidential discussions;
- accessed control for our Customer Relationship Management systems; and
- secure web forms when collecting sensitive information.
We take reasonable care to ensure any personal information you provide us via our website is protected. For example, if we require your sensitive information our websites have electronic security systems in place which include data encryption. Depending on your involvement with our Company and the type of information collected, user identifiers, passwords or other access codes may also be used to control access to your personal information.
Considerations when you send information to us
- a) While we do everything we can to protect your privacy, including investing in specialist security software, no data transfer over the Internet is 100% secure.
- b) If you provide personal information to us electronically, there are ways you can help maintain the security of the information. These include:
- always close your browser when you have finished your user session
ii. do not provide personal information by using a public computer; and
iii. never disclosing your user name and password to another person.
- c) You are responsible for all actions taken using your username, email or password. If at any time you believe your username or password have been compromised, change your password and contact us immediately.
You are not required to provide us with any personal information as a visitor to our website. You may choose to remain anonymous or to provide us with a pseudonym if you do not wish to reveal your identity. However, please be aware that if this is impractical we may be unable to provide you with proper services.
Most browsers are programmed to accept cookies. If you wish to erase or block Cookies, you may be able to do this by changing the settings of your browser.
Blogs, Forums, And Other Social Media
Blench Property Group communicates with clients by social media, forums and other interactive platforms. Any personal information you disclose on these sites may be read, collected and used by other users over whom we have no control. Blench Property Group is not responsible for any use, misuse or misappropriation by other users of any personal information that you contribute in this manner.
Access To Your Personal Information
To request access to your personal information, please email Blench Property Group. In certain circumstances, we may be able to deal with your request over the telephone or in person. Otherwise we will endeavour to process your request within 30 days. In some circumstances, we may refuse to give you access. We will explain why if that is the case (e.g. it may unreasonably affect the privacy of others).
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect and store is accurate, up-to- date and complete. Should you wish to access your personal information to ensure it is accurate, up-to- date, complete, relevant and not misleading, and if not, to correct it, please email Blench Property Group.
If you believe we have breached an Australian Privacy Principle or registered Australian Privacy Principle code and would like to make a complaint, you can do so in writing by emailing or writing to Blench Property Group. We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within 30 days.
You may direct any subsequent complaints to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a- privacy-complaint.
How To Contact Us
We are committed to respecting your right to privacy and protecting your personal information. You may request further information about the way we manage your personal information by contacting David or Danielle at Blench Property Group.
Blench Property Group Pty Ltd
GPO Box 346
Phone: 0407 780 887